Well unlike yesterday, I can now officially say happy hump day!
I have a confession for you guys. The UPS man laughed at my husband. I think Mr. UPS thinks Ross is stuck with an online shopaholic woman of a wife. Ironically though, out of all the packages I’ve been getting lately, I’ve only actually ordered one and that one just got through customs today!
One package that came yesterday was from the folks over at Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods, and let me tell ya – this could not have come at a more perfect time! One box included some of their individual containers that you can fill with hot water or normal water and microwave.
Another package was a flat of a variety of their boxed soups.
Instead of doing one mass review, I’ll just be reviewing each individually product as I try them.
Since I was short on time this morning, I took the opportunity to try Dr. McDougall’s Organic Maple 4 Grain Non-Dairy Hot Cereal.
For a ready made on-the-go breakfast, the ingredients really are what they say – the best ingredients!
The Nutrition Facts aren’t too shabby either. I ate the whole package though, and at 260 calories for the container/ 130 per serving, it’s not a hefty breakfast and can easily be incorporated into a larger breakfast, too.
Pre and post-microwaving.
After letting it sit for five minutes (which is the perfect time for checking your email or applying your mascara and putting some jewelry on), breakfast is served!
Delicious! I’m so excited about these products, because not only are they vegan, but it’s real food that I don’t mind putting into my body on those occasions that I’m looking for something quick to eat. More reviews to come!
Other meals of the day included this vibrant salad for lunch! It had spinach, red bell pepper, cucumber, a chickpea cutlet, and 1/4 avocado.
Once home from work I headed over to the gym for another hour on the stationary bike while doing some reading for my Nutrition class. I love doing this, because I am active (I biked almost 15 miles!) and I am able to get some reading done by removing all other distractions. Plus, since I’m distracting myself by reading, I’m not bored to death on a machine at the gym! Win-win!
After an evening stroll with Ross, I tried to make something new for dinner. I’ve been seeing eggplant bacon (recipe via the link) pop up all over the blogosphere, and I’ve been dying to try it. One problem – I don’t have a dehydrator, and I don’t have a time period where I’m at home long enough to leave my oven on low to dehydrate the bacon! So I tried to bake it up high. I think it would have worked better had I cut the bacon thicker and had an oven that have super hot spots. It was still tasty though! I’m experimenting with another batch now.
We had “mile high” sandwiches for dinner – I could barely get my mouth around it! The sandwich had two toasted slices of Ezekiel 7 Grain Sprouted Bread, homemade hummus, Trader Joe’s Vegetable Bruschetta Spread, romaine, tomato, avocado and eggplant bacon. It was so good, and filling too!
Some random announcements and happenings:
- HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY MEGAN!
- Becoming Mrs. Jenn Krenn: Vote for our favorite Bender to win an ultimate wedding! (Where was this when I got married?!)
- Orlando residents and those who will be in town for the Disney Princess Half: there’s a meet up lunch in the works for Saturday, March 6th at noon, and it’s looking like it will be at Pizza Fusion (which is also minutes away from the Orlando Whole Foods!). If you’ll be in town and are interested in meeting up, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Remember my musing on a database for healthy living bloggers? It’s officially in progress! The domain and hosting have been purchased and situated and I’m getting some final details set up and ready to go! I’m hoping to debut within a couple weeks! Get excited.
- Congrats to Ashley who has some awesome job opportunities that have fallen into her lap, including working at lululemon!!! I’m so happy for you, and maybe a little bit jealous of the whole lulu thing.
- Check out my new reviews page where you can find some of my product reviews! (I got some, but there are others that I just couldn’t find! At least I’ll have a place to regularly update from now on!)